What is “Eating Evolved?”
Eating Evolved is about creating your BEST body and life and will help you boost your metabolism, have more energy, reverse the effects of aging, and lose weight!
#EatingEvolved is based on the science of the body and combines the latest research and nutrition breakthroughs with the ancient practice of food combining used by Yogis, Monks, and Ayurvedics for thousands of years to achieve health, longevity, and harmony.
The science behind this amazing way of eating is: Whenever you eat any food (meat, vegetable, fat, carb, or dairy), your body releases enzymes in your saliva, stomach, and intestine to break down that food. So if you eat meat and carbs, your body will release two different enzymes: pepsin to break down protein which needs a highly acidic medium to function and break down the protein, and ptyalin and other alkaline juices which needs an alkaline medium to function and break down carbohydrates and starches.
The problem with digesting certain combinations of foods (like meat and potatoes together) is that it causes the acidic and alkaline fluids to cancel each other out, preventing the food you eat from being digested properly and causing problems like indigestion, heaviness, gas, bloating, or even cramps.
That’s why after big holiday meals your stomach can feel like a mess! When you do combine your food properly though, you’ll notice you have more energy, feel more alert throughout the day, and aren’t weighed down by your food!
The rules of #EatingEvolved are:
A. Eat fresh, lightly cooked foods whenever possible.
B. Do not eat over processed, fried foods.
C. Always eat fruit by itself because it digests very quickly
- Eat berries by themselves (or you can combine different berries together) and wait 45 minutes to 1 hour before consuming other foods.
- Eat all citrus fruits by themselves (or combine citrus fruits together such as oranges and grapefruits) then wait 45 minutes to 1 hour before consuming other foods.
- Eat all sweet fruits such as persimmons, plums, dates, and figs by themselves (or combine with other sweet fruits), then wait 45 minutes to 1 hour before consuming other foods.
- Eat sub-acid fruits such as apples, pears, grapes, and nectarines by themselves or in combination with other sub-acid fruits. They can also be eaten in combination with either citrus fruits or sweet fruits, but not both together (e.g., you cannot combine an apple with an orange and a persimmon).
- Citrus fruits should not be combined with sweet fruits.
- Bananas should be consumed by themselves.
D. Always have dairy alone (butter can be combined with carbs or vegetables though) which means if you like smoothies, keep the dairy out of it and have only a fruit smoothie. Also, keep your granola out of your yogurt.
E. Eat meat by itself or with vegetables. Don’t eat more than one type of meat at a meal.
- Do not mix red meat and fowl.
- Do not mix red meat with fish.
- Do not mix red meat with pork.
- Do not mix fish with fowl.
- Do not mix fish with pork.
- Do not mix pork with fowl.
F. Eat vegetables with anything besides fruit and dairy
- Combining vegetables with bread is allowed.
- Combining vegetables with oil (such as cooking a vegetable stir fry with safflower oil is allowed.
- Combining vegetables with Protein (such as chicken and carrots and peas or beef with snow peas) is allowed.
- Combining vegetables together is allowed. When making a vegetable soup, remember to keep dairy out of it.
G. Do not eat fat together with protein.
- Keep your proteins away from oils and butter.
- Do not mix protein and avocado.
H. Eat starches alone or with fat or vegetables.
- Bread and butter and or bread and oil can be combined.
- Do not eat bread with peanut butter or any kind of nut butter.
- A veggie sandwich is fine but not with a vinegar based or protein based spread.
- Bread and vinegar cannot be combined as vinegar disrupts the digestive process. (try and wait for your treat day)
- You can combine potatoes or sweet potatoes with butter or oil.
This is a basic guide of rules for Eating Evolved to get you started on your path of health and longevity. It will help you look younger, feel more fit, and own your own energy.
(source: http://www.hps-online.com/food/index.htm, The Tao of Health, Sex and Longevity by Daniel Reid)